You can indicate how a table aligns on the web page in relation to elements, such as text or images, around it on the page.
You cannot select an alignment option when you create a table. You must insert the table, and then change the alignment option in table properties.
To change alignment for a table:
- In your draft, select the table you want to realign (see “Selecting table elements”).
- Do one of the following to open the Table Properties dialog box:
- Click the Table button in the toolbar.
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh), and then select Table Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Select Table > Table Properties. [View MAC Image | View PC Image]
- Select an alignment option from the Table alignment pop-up menu:
- Default aligns the table to the left of the page. Text or images do not flow around the table.
- Left aligns the table to the left side of the page. Text or images flow to the right of the table.
- Center aligns the table in the center of the page.
- Right aligns the table to the right side of the page. Text or images flow to the left of the table.
- Click Apply to see changes without closing the dialog box, or click OK to apply changes and close the dialog box.
The table alignment changes in your draft.