Title IV Code - 001157

Financial Aid and Scholarship Office

Financial Aid Questions - Get Video Answers Click Here!

Award Packages

back to the previous page

Award offers are generally made for the entire academic year (Fall and Spring Semester) and based upon full-time enrollment. Students who will not attend every term, or who will not enroll full-time, are required to promptly notify the Financial Aid Office and request an award revision.

Funding for Summer Term awards is limited to remaining fund balances from the academic year and will require a supplemental financial aid application available in the spring at the Financial Aid Office (MSR 100).

How is my eligibility determined for financial aid?

The financial aid application you submit allows a processor for the U.S. Department of Education to apply a standard formula to the information you have provided and determine your eligibility for financial aid. The formula produces an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number, an amount you and/or your family are expected to contribute toward your education.

When we are in receipt of all application materials required for your file, a financial aid advisor will review the application in a process called need analysis. In need analysis, income and asset information from both the student and parent is reviewed, and if all appears in compliance, the EFC is subtracted from the estimated cost of attendance for one academic year. The remainder is the amount of financial need or eligibility for financial assistance.

What types of aid will I be considered for?

Based on your financial need for the programs and the availability of funds, you will be considered for grants, student employment and loans. The federal programs include Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Work-Study Program, Federal Perkins Loan, Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG), National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent (SMART) Grant, Federal Direct Loan Programs, and the Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS).

The State of California offers the Cal Grant A, Cal Grant B, Chafee Grant and Child Development Grant (CHDEV). CSU Stanislaus offers the Educational Opportunity Program Grant (EOPG), and the State University Grant.

I am interested in applying for the programs funded through the State of California. How do I apply for these grants?

Development Grant or Chafee Grant you must complete the FAFSA, and a supplemental form must be submitted to the California Student Aid Commission.

All supplemental application forms may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office (MSR 100). Please remember not to wait until the last minute to have your form verified.

Cal Grant A
GPA Verification Form
Due Date: March 2nd of every year

Cal Grant B
GPA Verification From
Due Date: March 2nd of every year

CHDEV Application
Due Date: May 15th of every year

The California Chafee Grant provides free money to current or former foster youth to use for college courses. Applications for the academic year 2011-12 will be available on the following Web site: www.chafee.csac.ca.gov.

I was only offered loans. How do I get grants that do not have to be repaid?

Grants are based on a specific level of calculated eligibility. If you believe the financial information computed on your Student Aid Report is incorrect or that it does not reflect your ability to pay for college, you may contact a Financial Aid Advisor at California State University, Stanislaus and request a review of your eligibility.

What is Federal Work-Study?

The Federal Work-Study Program provides part-time employment opportunities for either undergraduate or graduate students to help them with the cost of education.

I am interested in Federal Work-Study, but I was not offered aid from that program in my award package. Is there any way I can be awarded Federal Work-Study?

Yes. You may contact the Work-Study Coordinator at California State University, Stanislaus and request to be put on a waiting list for these funds. If you meet the basic eligibility requirements for the program, the Coordinator will put you on a wait list. If funds become available later in the award period, you will be notified and given the option to accept the additional aid.

I received a scholarship or tuition fee assistance from another source. Should I report it to the Financial Aid Office?

If you are receiving any kind of scholarship or tuition/fee assistance from any source — Vocational Rehabilitation, Veterans Affairs, employers, school districts, etc. — you must report it to the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office may adjust your financial aid award to reflect these additional resources.

Is Financial Aid available to study outside the U.S.?

Students participating in California State University, Stanislaus sponsored Study Abroad Programs may receive financial aid to offset these educational expenses. National Student Exchange (NSE) students may also receive financial aid. Contact the Study Abroad/ International Programs Office, SSB 145 for complete details on these programs and meet with a Financial Aid Counselor well in advance of your departure date to discuss funding your time abroad.

Updated: 07/08/2011
California State University Stanislaus
One University Circle
Turlock, California 95382

Maps & Directions