The Collective, guest artists at the 2010 Jazz Festival
The goal of the CSU Stanislaus Jazz Festival is to provide students and directors with a positive educational and musical experience in Jazz. Maximum interaction between students, directors, and guest clinicians will take place throughout the day, highlighted by 2 hours of clinics beginning at noon. Festival Format: The festival is non-competitive. Clinicians will provide written and verbal feedback to
the directors and students. Each band will receive a warm-up room for 30 minutes prior to their performance. Each band will be allowed approximately 30 minutes to perform (this includes setup and teardown), followed immediately by a 30 minute clinic.
- Festival clinicians will award medals to outstanding individual performers from each ensemble.
- Festival clinicians will select up to two ensembles to perform in the evening concert.
- Two partial-tuition scholarships to the CSU Stanislaus Summer Music Camp will be awarded to the most outstanding performers of the festival.
- Each participating school will be awarded a commemorative plaque.
- 8:00 am - Festival Begins
- 12:00 to 12:45 pm: Clinics
- 1:00 to 1:45 pm: Masterclass with The Collective
- 7:30 pm - Concert featuring the CSU Stanislaus Jazz
Ensemble with special guests The Collective.
Dr. Steve Roach has been the Director of Jazz Studies
at California State University, Sacramento since 2001.
Steve has also served as Director of Jazz Studies at
Baylor University and has held teaching positions at the
University of Northern Colorado and Northern Illinois
University. Steve is currently serving on the Executive
Board for the California Institute for the Preservation
of Jazz and the Capital Section of the California Music