EXAMS 1-3 ESSAY QUESTIONS
"Only the educated are free." – Epictetus
Exam 1 (Pride & Ferrell, 2014, Ch. 1-6)
1. What is marketing? What is marketing management? What does it take to be a successful marketing manager? Please elaborate.
2. What is customer value? What can a marketer do to create customer value and satisfaction?
3. Describe in detail the strategic planning process.
4. What is a marketing plan? How is it used? Describe in detail the components of a marketing plan.
5. What is ethical and not ethical in marketing and marketing management? Please elaborate.
6. Discuss in detail the marketing research process.
7. Describe in detail the market segmentation process including targeting and positioning.
Exam 2 (Pride & Ferrell, 2014, Ch. 7-14)
1. Compare and contrast domestic and global marketing.
2. Describe in detail the steps in the consumer decision-making process.
3. What is important for marketers to understand about e-marketing, digital media, and social networking?
4. What is the product life cycle? How is it used?
5. Describe in detail the steps in the new product development process. Why is it that some products fail and others succeed?
6. If you were a product manager what aspects of the product would you be sure to address? Please provide details regarding these aspects.
7. What would you do and not do to market a quality service?
Exam 3 (Pride & Ferrell, 2014, Ch. 15-21)
1. Describe the variables that impact channel structure or alternatives.
2. What would you do and not do to create a successful retail business?
3. What are your best tips for effective integrated marketing communications?
4. What is necessary to create effective advertising?
5. Describe in detail the steps in the personal selling process.
6. If you were a sales manager, what would your job entail? Please elaborate.
7. What is your best advice to the marketer and to the customer with regard to price?